About Me

My photo
I have been teaching at SPCC since 2004. I love interacting with students everyday and working with my peers. I also love playing and coaching basketball, playing baseball, and golfing. I love being spontaneous and riding the wave of life where it takes me. I am also very proud to have the best wife, duaghter, and a brand new edition on the way in September. My parents are a driving force in who I have become and throughout my life I have had the best friends around me who love me for who I am. God has guided me in many ways that have turned into miracles.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Habit Project Day 4 Sunday May 18th

Remember everyone, each day is a different day when trying to change your ways. How you feel one day but be completely different the next. Don't hold back when writing your journals. Being truthful with yourself is the most important thing in life anyways and unfortunately sometimes we lie to ourselves more often then not.

30 comments:

  1. So today has been going better than yesterday! I woke up late this morning and went to the gym with my sister. During my workout and swimming my mom went to pay the bill which is how I am posting now. At the gym I swam for 1 hour swimming 250 yards. Then I did a short ab workout and totally forgot about the project. I ate 2 apples and had an orange. Then when I went home I was about to eat some ice cream but then remembered the project. My mom and sister have been very supported reminding me I can do it and I just want to remind everyone else they have it in them to get rid of this bad habit as well!! Also for breakfast I hate an omelet with orange juice and for lunch I did NOT eat mcdonalds and instead I had a cearsar salad with little dressing I am very excited about the outcome of this project. Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today went absolutely great. I have successfully finished all my homework and have prepared for all upcoming tests/quizzes even further.

    My strategies have been working better than I expected. A new strategy I have come up with is taking small breaks in between subjects. This helps refresh my memory for the next one I work on. It also helps me come up with better things to go back and add to my previous work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my May 17 entry in my science notebook.

      Delete
  3. Today was really good! I was occupied the whole entire day and I didn't drift off too often. I actually don't remember drifting off but I most likely did.

    Today I helped my mom getting my room together (since I've been redoing my room) and then I swam for a half an hour. When I usually swim my mind goes off into its own little world but it happenes all the time so I don't count that as drifting off.

    Tomorrow is going to he tough since we have school and that's where I drift off most of the time but overall, my weekend went well and I hope everybody's doing well with their habits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today was very similar to yesterday. I ate many fruits. Watermelon, kiwis, apples, and oranges. I have a good supply of them so I don't have to worry about running out. I also I did eat some junk food to take care of my cravings, but I ate the junk food in small portions. Instead of eating it in the bag, I poured it into a bowl. I drank only flavored water which has no calories in it. I have been feeling better about myself and not eating lots of junk food feels very good. My strategies have yet to fail and I hope that while this project goes on I can continue with this success. I wish for good luck to everyone else on their habits and I hope that they can experience the success that I have been experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today was great! I had a great breakfast and then was busy all day. I duct-taped my fingers again and I donot think I needed to because I did not bite my nails once. I may not even need to come up with anymore strategies because the duct tape strategy is really working. When I got home from my other house in Connecticut Ii sat down and pulled the duct tape off to see how long it would be until I would bit my nails. For three hours I did not bite even once. Tomorrow I am going to cut my nails to see if I that helps. That's all I have to say and I hope everyone's project is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. today actually went pretty well. I went out to more of a social area and smiled at everyone I saw. It felt great! I've been improving second by second on more of the confidence that I was lacking. I went shopping and took a walk around the neighborhood with my parents. I also got more talking not just in person but also on my phone like facebook haha. I got everything else done and now im home and im about to watch a movie. so that's my day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. today was good!! I went to the mall and i didn't even check my phone once! then i went to my grandmother house and i was checking my phone then i realized like 5 mins later that i shouldn't have been on my phone so i turned it off and talked to my family about school and stuff and then i didn't turn my phone back on after i got home. this project is hard but i think its been working I'm my on my phone so much less it feels good to talk to people in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today was basically the same as yesterday. I didn't sleep well and I didn't wake up until 11:34. I had pancakes that my mother made and a cup of almond milk. After that, we went out to pick up my friend's mother who did the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. We then got Panera and a small frozen yogurt. When we got home, I cleaned my room and did laundry. I didn't eat a lot of junk food today but I didn't exercise today. I may try to walk my dog or go for a bike ride before bed if I can. My mom has been really supportive by making sure that I follow through with breaking this bad habit. I still haven't had dinner yet, but I'm not even hungry.
    Today was a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today started out really good! I ate a nutritious breakfast that consisted of eggs and fruit. About mid-morning I snacked on some more fruit. Then it was lunchtime and I wasn't very hungry and we had Indian food. I didnt eat that much because I don't usually like it because it's spicy. Then I went on errands with my mom and I was starving. I got home and had an enormous binge. I feel really guilty now because that's what I was trying to avoid. Hopefully I will do better tommorow. I hope u guys did better than me today

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today went well. For the Latin test on Tuesday, I asked my mom to quiz me on the Latin vocabulary. We focused on some of the words I didn't know rather than waste time and energy on words I already knew well. I now understand all the vocabulary, so I can study something else tomorrow. I also got an essay that I needed to do done two days early, so now I don't need to worry about it, and I feel great that it's done. So far, my progress with breaking and replacing this bad habit is going very well. I hope it stays that way. How's everyone else with their habits?

    ReplyDelete
  11. today was a n okay day. i only got angry once. but i didnt use any foul language. so today i woke up i went outside and just out myself into the work that had to be done. i realized that everything i do with my hands calms me down and keeps me level headed. but once i finished all the yard work that had to be done a couple hours later. i started doing my homework. and i realized that i did not have something i needed. and i got pretty angry. so that is all that has occurred today. i would say that i have made some progress in realizing what i will replace my habit with. I hope you guys have made better progress than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jake I know you can get better at this because you are a strong person. I have never taught a more creative student and one that shows me a great deal of respect everyday. You need to show everyone else including yourself the same level of respect you show me. Take deep breaths and realize that everybody gets frustrated but what separates us is how we handle it!

      Delete
  12. today was a little harder than yesterday. I was so preoccupied I completely forget about trying to avoid cracking my knuckles. Since I was busy today, I forgot about the ball and I cracked my knuckles more than once.

    Other than being completely preoccupied I feel the same as yesterday. I guess forgetting about the project is going to be one of my biggest obstacles. I am a very forget full person. If I'm doing one thing I can't remember what my mom told me to do next. So I have to remember and keep it in my mind at all times if I want to succeed at this project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Today was a good day. I woke up around 10:30 and had breakfast. So far i am getting used to eating breakfast every morning. It gets easier and easier every morning. Today i went to the grocery store with my mom to get breakfast foods for the week. I also have way more energy throughout the day than before, which is a good thing because i don't just say in my room all day i actually go outside and walk my dogs and stuff. I would say that I am making a lot of progress with breaking my bad habit. Hopefully tomorrow morning I will remember to eat breakfast before I go to school. I hope everyone is doing good with breaking their bad habits!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. today was a better day. i woke up ate breakfast and instead of listening to music first thing i did homework an i studied for little while, and then i went to pick my cousin up from the airport and we went to eat late lunch from there and instead of listening to music i sat down and actually talked with my family it was a challenge but i feel better because i wasn't on my phone as much as i usually am and listening to music.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today was a great day because I am starting to make better progress. When I came back from the movies, the first thing I did was to organized the second part of my room. I threw away some of the wrappers that are on my desk, and then I started wiping computer tables in my room and throwing away papers that are crumbled or notices and homework that I already corrected in class. The TV Stand at my house looked really bad so I was cleaning the top, the sides, and the glass doors for it, and emptying my games and movies inside of the TV stand and making sure it doesn't look bad that I thought it would, and instead of putting the games and movies in the thing carelessly I was putting them on top of each other to make it look like I wanted. I hope I will get use to cleaning up my stuff and being more responsible with my things and I hope that people are doing well on their project and getting rid of their bad habits for good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Today was not really a good day. I don't know why, but every time I try to avoid negative thoughts they just come back. Usually the thoughts are worst every time. I tried listening to some upbeat music but it didn't really help. I also tried sitting outside for a while, but some negative feeling always comes back. I try to clear my mind of all things that make me feel upset, but that didn't help either. I don't think anything is really wrong, maybe it's just me. I always try to keep my head up but it's kinda hard. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe you should try drinking a glass of water right after you wake up! studies say that if you drink a glass or two of water after you wake up, you have more energy and feel more happy during the rest of your day! hope this helped! good luck!

      Delete
    2. Good advice Alissa! Staying busy is very key! the busier you are the less time you have to think about anything, never mind negative thoughts. Fill your time wisely with hard f=work and people you love!

      Delete
  17. today was pretty good i guess! it was a little harder than yesterday though because i went to a party and they had alot of junk food and sweets thet were hard to resist but i did! other than that i am well with eating healthy. i had alot of energy today like yesterday, and i feel more full longer than i usually do! also i tried to drink more water today and i felt great! good luck with your habits everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Today was a good day. i made progress with fixing my procrastination bad habits. I studied more for the upcoming latin and religion tests and work hard to do that. i feel more confident for the upcoming quizzes and tests.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Today was somewhat of a struggle. The morning started off great with a nice swear free morning and drive to my basketball games. My first basketball game went by nice and easy for the most part, but i did slip a swear on one play. My second game however, was a bit different i swore a couple times and even yelled a swear word. :( I feel i happen to swear most during basketball games and controlling this seems to be the first step I should take.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Today wasn't as progressive as yesterday. I didn't do any jogging, but I did do some power-walking. Instead of driving, I power-walked to Walgreens to drop off a Redbox movie and get some things. I've found, also, that eating healthier things and drinking plenty of water (I had exactly 112.9 fl oz today!!) helps a lot in excersizing.

    I have a new strategy for excersizing habits, and that is Cassey Ho's 28 day excersize calendar. I got the idea from Michelle to go on Blogilate's YouTube page, and she has a lot of great workouts!

    Also, Mr. Phillips, where did you post your workout routine? I tried to find it but I'm not sure where it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it is just a post right about Sunday's post! Starts with 50 jumping jacks.

      Delete
  21. Today was much better than yesterday. Probably because I didn't have to take any tests, but who knows. As I have been the last few days, I had an omelet for breakfast. Normally by now I would think I would be going crazy craving junk food, but I don't particularly miss it. AT ALL!!!
    For lunch and dinner, my choices were questionable. For lunch I had McDonalds. it was on the way to my ball game and I needed food and its not like I got a big mac. I got chicken nuggets. Meat is meat regardless of the circumstances. However, the unhealthy thing is the batter they deep fry it in.
    And now for dinner. I went to Moe's, which seems like a healthy option because of all the meat and all of the veggies. It's realistically not the healthiest thing on Earth. Chipotle is much healthier because they put new stuff out every fifteen minutes because they always run out. Moe's just sits there all day and starts to become not as fresh.
    I've been sticking to two apples a day for snacking. In fact I think i'll eat one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a tip. If you need to get fast food, I hear Wendy's is a little healthier than McDonalds.

      Delete
  22. Today was really weird because I did all my homework yesterday I decided that I should play some games because I didn't have anything really effort worthy to put my time in I also tried the exercise that mr Philips posted and it was tough but I pulled through and I think I'll probably try to make it into a daily thing when I don't have anything to do as a replacement to playing video games

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well Sunday Lilly meet her other great Grammy! It was awesome to see 4 generations in the same room. I joined my buddy and his dad for 18 holes at Leicester Country Club. Now I love golf, even though I am not playing well right now, but I do not consider it a workout. It is active but it did not supplement my workout for today. When I got home at about 7pm I did i quick 10 minute core workout which I was glad to accomplish. The project is driving me right now. I do not want to miss a day because I feel like I would be letting you guys down and letting myself down. I will continue to workout out this week and beyond to keep my body as healthy as possible1

    ReplyDelete