About Me

My photo
I have been teaching at SPCC since 2004. I love interacting with students everyday and working with my peers. I also love playing and coaching basketball, playing baseball, and golfing. I love being spontaneous and riding the wave of life where it takes me. I am also very proud to have the best wife, duaghter, and a brand new edition on the way in September. My parents are a driving force in who I have become and throughout my life I have had the best friends around me who love me for who I am. God has guided me in many ways that have turned into miracles.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Habit Project Day 8 Thursday May 22

A rainy Thursday. Sometimes weather can affect our mood so whatever you are doing stay motivated! Good luck!

29 comments:

  1. Today there was a major progress for me because towards the end of the day it happened. The skit helped me a lot! I didn't know I can be standing up there like that in front of my class and talking it was great. The class was enjoying and and so was I and my group. Through the day I raised my hands a couple of times but no too many. I hope we can do more skits soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was great. I only bit my nails once. I tried a new strategy today and it worked for the most part except for the one time I bit my nails today. I have only bit my nails about 5 or 6 times from the day I started this project. This is good because it means that it wont take much longer until my habit is completely broken. After I get rid of this habit I am going to start trying to get rid of other habits I have. This project will help me get rid of other habits because I will already know to get strategies and workouts to help me get rid of them. Well that's all I have to say for today. Hope everyone is doing good with their projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was semi-successful. I did eat healthy like all of the other days but today I did not run the treadmill. It is probably because I was not in the mood. I guess it is okay because we had gym today and I probably burned the same amount of calories that I would when I would run the treadmill. Good luck to everyone else with their habits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today was an okay day! I did better than yesterday and better than the other days. I think this habit this is really good. I did drift off in social studies when we were watching a video. I could have watched it but instead I was drawing in my book. When I did my homework I got bored off it and drifted off. I still need strategies! This is good and I wonder what tomorrow would be like. Good luck to everyone and their habit projects! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today was great. I got dismissed early, I got McDonalds, spent the day listening to music, and talking to some friends on Skype. It's was great because it all made me much happier and not in a bad mood. My project, honestly, has been going pretty well. All I have to do is chill and I become more positive. I hope you guys are doing well too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So today was good. Except for the morning, I could barely stay awake so it took me till after lunch to be fully aware of what was happening. Since today had a lot of things happening. I was able to pay attention easily. I loved watching the skits in Science and my group for math had to finish our project. Good luck everybody on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today wasn't great that I thought it would. I didn't think of anything to organize besides my room. I ask my mom if I could clean some stuff for today so I can get use to cleaning my stuff and she said yes then go ask me to clean our TV stand and clean the TV screen. I wouldn't count this by organizing something that is mine because its for the whole family but it is good for me so made me happy. I wish you guys are doing better on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. today was ok. i didn't use a whole lot a foul language but every once in a while in a conversation a swear or 2 slipped out. but my swearing and decreased some today. i didnt hang out wiht someone as much as i did today as usuall. so i guess that had something to do with my decreased use use bad language. 2marrow imma hang out with other ppl and see what happens to see who i swear around. hope u guys did good today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today went ok! I woke up and followed my schedule pretty well, but I ate breakfast a little later than I had hoped to. I even thought out what I would eat the night before, which was a bowl of Special K cereal with milk. The only reason I did not make it the night before is because it would get all soggy, and I wouldn't want to eat it. If it was something else, like maybe pancakes, I would have made it the night before. I think it was a pretty healthy breakfast with a perfrct size, not to small, and not too big.

    I think I am doing pretty well, because I am eating breakfast everyday now. I hope everyone is doing well too and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today, unfortunately, I was not as successful as the past few days. I did not reach my goal of two different excersizes, but instead, did three Pilates videos, taking up about thirty minutes of my night. It wasn't exactly the most gorgeous day for a jog, so I stayed inside and, instead did nothing. I strongly regret not putting even a slight effort into doing something while waiting for the rain to stop besides watching Back to the Future. I probably should have done some cardio, but tomorrow is a new day!

    As for the calender, I have yet to print it out, but I have just completed the fifth day and it feels great! I'm looking forward to continuing the four week plan even after this project wraps up. Good luck to everyone else on their habits, as well as court tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. today went great i was organized i cleaned up most of the things in my room like clothes and messy things and my mom gave me back my cell phone and other electronics after i was finished i felt really good inside that i got to finish with no excuses i think this new strategy might actually work so ill see for now if it will continue going the way it should if it fails there are always more strategies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today, there was nothing to study for. What I plan to do is to periodically study over the weekend. Anyway, because of this, I decided to get some homework done a couple days early. I finished up my Latin homework and did some Science homework as well. I also focused on my upcoming part for the mock trial as a key witness to the case. I'm kind of nervous for tomorrow, but confident at the same time that I will do a good job. Good luck to everyone once again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Today was an okay day. I woke up later that usual, which gave me less time to get ready and eat breakfast in the morning. This morning i was not hungry at all. I only had half of my breakfast and a bottle of water. I originally did not want to eat breakfast because i was not hungry but I remembered we are this project, so that helped me eat breakfast this morning. Overall I am doing very good with breaking my bad habit! Good luck everyone on breaking your bad habits!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Today went okay. I've been trying a new strategy. I'm trying to keep the books I need for the three morning periods on the top and the books I need for the last three periods. This will shorten my time at my locker, as the books I need will be easier to grab. As for preparing well; however, I think I need to manage my time better, especially when i'm busy. Today in Latin, there was a vocabulary quiz. The night before I had minimal time to study because things I had to do; like an orthadontic apointment. I did well but I just feel bad because of four I got wrong that were easy. I'm also kind of nervous because of court tomorrow too so that has thrown me off. I hope that everyone is making progress and does well in court!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today was bad for me I tried to follow my routine but I just couldn't do it. I wasn't hungry this morning and I was kind of worried about the skit because Saibatu was leaving early so I didnt know how it would work out. So because of that at lunch i kind of just picked at it and only ended up eating half so the afternoon was good as it always is I just have to work on the mornings and noons by sticking to my routine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. today went great! I've realized i'm on my phone so much less because if this project. we i get out of school i used to check my phone the second i got in the car but now i just leave it in my bag until i get home. today i went to the store and i left my phone in the car and i forgot about it untill i got home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Today went swell. I tried a new way and it didnt work but i found a new one. If i study when i finish my homework at about 4 i do better on quizizs. And i also study in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Today went great! I barely swore at all. I kept up my effort of not swearing for most of the day, but i did swear a bit at the end of the day, and when I was skyping my friends today. I feel my swearing around my friends has gone down a bit and I need to continue this. IF i continue this I might be able to eradicate my habit soon. I feel tomorrow should be easy as we have a court session, then mass. Hope everyone's habits are being beaten! :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Today was tough for me but I manage to get a little workout in. After school I headed straight to my golf league which lead me to 6:30. My swing is so inconsistent right now it is frustrating me greatly, what a mental sport all sports are but especially golf. I shot home quick to have my first Lillian and me at home alone time. She slept on my chest and in turn did the same, haha. I love when she falls asleep on me, it is very peaceful. When my wife got home she woke me up and we got Lilly ready for bed. I enjoy this as well but now it was 11 and the only workout I had was golf. I was going to call it anight because I am exhausted and I have work outed hard for 8 straight days. The project was on my mind so I gutted up and did 70 push-ups and 150 crunches. At least I got something in which I know will make me feel better tomorrow. My legs are dead from running more than I have in a while so it was a good quick workout for the day. Friday before Memorial Day tomorrow. I have a super busy weekend planned so I am going to have to find time to sneak in some hard workouts. Nothing worse for me then going to a cookout, enjoying myself, but having no physical activity. Makes for a sluggish next day. Good night all see you in the am!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Today was decent I for my classes I would say ti was paying attention and was engaged in my classes. Also I don't know if this is related to the project or not but I'm now learning that my anxiety is not as big as it used to be. I have terrible anxiety and just because it changed a little doesn't mean it's fully changed the reason I bring is up is because after school I had a panick attack. A small one but still it was a panick attack. I think my anxiety is reused is because I'm not to stressed out over work that I forgot about or anything of that nature. So today wasn't really my day

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yesterday was ok for me to talk to people. It helped that I was meeting with both groups for the math project and the science skit. Today after school, I met up with some friends that don't go to our school and we hung out for about an hour. Today I hope will be a better day for breaking my habit. Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  22. At the start of the project, I felt the days were getting longer and longer because I didn't have snacks to keep up my time. Now I feel it is just a normal day. Fridays are my best days for the habit project because I most leave the house and go to the mall. So today will be better. Yesterday I saw a really big improvement and I wasn't the only one. My dance teacher noticed I was not eating junk food and candy and he thought it was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. yesterday was a better day. i did manage to eat breakfast with my sister and then for lunch i had a sandwich fruit and a water and then i was getting my hair done all last night so i had a feeling i wasnt going to be able to have dinner with my family and i was upset about it but my family did wait till i was done. i think my strategies are working so i will keep up with it, but if you have any i could use please feel free to tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This project started great. Everything was going uphill. I was at the top. Then it started to rain and the ground got wet and muddy. I slipped down. Now the project is practically failing. My kitchen embargo was an absolute and utter failed attempt. I went into the kitchen to get leftovers from last night's dinner. I ate that. My sister walked in with some birthday cake and started eating it right in front of me. I had been thinking about using Michael's strategy about eating junk to fill my cravings. I thought I would try it. I went and ate a huge piece of cake. I don't know why I hadn't done that before. It was an immaculate cake. My sister baked it so that's probably why.
    So after the kitchen embargo failed, I had to use a strategy and Michael's seemed to work for him, so why not try it? I, however, am putting a twist on it. I am going to eat the junk to fill my cravings, but I'm going to make the amount of junk I eat less each day. So say I ate a pound of junk yesterday*. Instead of eating a pound of junk today, I'll only eat ten ounces. That leaves six ounces of no food. That's where I'll add in the healthy stuff.
    * Note: I didn't eat a pound of junk yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. yesterday was an ok day. in the morning for breakfast, i was craqving sugar so i went looking for fruit but there wasnt any so i might have had a muffin. lunch was good though. i had a salad. for dinner, i had chicken. i am very happy that i dont do inbetween snacking though and that i have stopped i am also drinking more water! good luck everybody i think today will be a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The project is becoming easier and easier as we go along. For the most part I have lost the urge to crack my knuckles. I don't carry the stress ball anymore. If I have the urge to crack my knuckles, then I focus and try my best not to.

    I feel so much better. I'm not as stressed as I was before.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Today was better than yesterday, but still not as good. I had an cheese and ham omelet for breakfast. For lunch, I had a pb&j sandwich and a honey oats granola bar. When I got home, I tried to make cupcakes for our bbq on Sunday and realized that I didn't have to of the ingredients. I then realized that I didn't have the time to let them freeze, so I made them into cookies. They were disgusting! I had pineapple pizza for dinner from some organic pizza place. The reason I am posting this late is because when I was typing it last night, my computer died and it was already past my curfew.

    ReplyDelete