About Me
- Mr. Phillips
- I have been teaching at SPCC since 2004. I love interacting with students everyday and working with my peers. I also love playing and coaching basketball, playing baseball, and golfing. I love being spontaneous and riding the wave of life where it takes me. I am also very proud to have the best wife, duaghter, and a brand new edition on the way in September. My parents are a driving force in who I have become and throughout my life I have had the best friends around me who love me for who I am. God has guided me in many ways that have turned into miracles.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Habit Project Day 6 Tuesday May 20th
Remember to keep working hard and be truthful in your blogs! Some of you have gone 6 days without a daily routine now and all you you are having different experiences trying to kick your habit. It is amazing how set our normal routine is whether the things that fill it are good, bad, or indifferent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We'll today as you can see I have raised my hand in science and I think u raised my hand twice in math to ask a question. I need to be more into the class but most reasons I don't raise my hand to answer is I don't sow times understand what the teachers are talking about. I get really confused easily. I also might be thinking about something else that's on my mind that I've been stressing about not letting me focus ! U just have to try harder on listening so I can join in and answer the questions. On school days I don't get to really go anywhere because I have to go to my parents store and stay there until I go home so I don't really see a social environment. But next to my place is my grandmas restaurant and sometimes when I'm bored I go and help and there's a lot if people over there so that may be social.
ReplyDeleteGood job today Sara! Everybody gets confused, trust me so know your not alone!
DeleteToday started good my strategy is working I'm eating smaller meals throughout the day but it's hard for me at lunch because I feel really uncomfortable. I have tried to eat something lighter at breakfast so I'm hungry for lunch but it's not working. L
ReplyDeleteLuckily I ate enough today so I didn't snack so much so that's good. If I keep this up I will probably be able to break the habit
Ok today was sort of a rough day, but I learned a very important lesson in all of it: Just fall back and don't care. This actually helps me with my project cause the #1 source of all my anxiety and stress is worrying too much. My new strategy: Don't worry, don't care. I will just fall back and see where life takes me. My new motto is pretty much "I don't care". It's not suppose to be in a negative way at all, but it helps so I don't care. Good luck to everyone with their habits!
ReplyDeleteToday I have made progress. I ate a wide variety of very healthy foods and very little junk food. For the junk food I did eat I ate pretzels, which are not even too unhealthy. I believe my strategy is succeeding. I also have a new part to my strategy. I ran my treadmill downstairs for 30 minutes and burned about 275 calories. If I continue this every day I hope I will begin see results. A diet and good exercise is my new strategy and I am hoping it will be a success.
ReplyDeleteToday was a lot better than yesterday. Yesterday I bit my nails a few times. Today I think I only bit them once. Even though my nails have been cut I still continue to do it. I think I may have to think of another strategy because I can't use the duct tape over the nails strategy at school because I can't write with the tape on. Tonight I am going to think of another strategy to use tomorrow and see if it works. If I can't think of another one I will just try basic self-control and not do it. If anyone can think of suggestions for me it would be nice. Also howhave everyone else's habits been going?
ReplyDeleteToday was a really good day! This morning I had breakfast and I was actually full till lunch time! Although Sara had sweets, I didn't fall in the trap and refused to eat it. For lunch I had a salad and after school I went to Sara's house and had vegetable soup! Now I am home and I hope the smell of cake throughout my whole house won't tempt me! I can't wait for tommorrow! Good luck everybody!!!����������������
ReplyDeleteI am having trouble with my habit again I tried activities like riding my bike to my friends house and going to the park and store. At those times I had success but when I got back home I bit my nails and didn't even notice it. I also bit my nails in science today but I didn't notice it. Over the weekend I had good progress but as the week started I began to revert to my old ways. I Definitely have gotten better at avoiding it and not doing it as much. The rate at which I bite my nails has greatly decreased since the beginning of this project but not totally stopped. I feel that when im at school and im just sitting there listening to school conversation and im not physically active is when I tend to bite my nails so if anyone has any ideas to help me it would be greatly appreciated.
ReplyDeleteAs this project procedes, I've found exercising to be much more natural and easy. My new strategy is to do at least two kinds of workouts a day. I achieved this goal today! I did some jogging- which, I might add, I am very proud of because I went a half a mile only slowing down once- and some Pilates, which I have just finished. I have a Pilates 4 week plan that I hope to complete before graduation. I will post it when I figure out how to post pictures!
ReplyDeleteI just finished the work out for the day, and it is definetly a challenge. Today was the second day, and I'm already sore! It's quite enjoyable and I would suggest it to anyone trying to be healthier.
Side note, does anyone have suggestions for new workout music. I only have one song on my playlist right now and I'm looking for some upbeat music to jog to. Thanks!
Go into Spotify and there is a lot of work out music! And also on Pandora. I use "Pop and hip-hop workout radio" on Pandora and Spotify just has so many choices to chose from
Deleteso i have come to realize that listening to music isn't actually a bad thing because i am not blocking the world out and i listening to music to keep me going and so i decided that maybe i should have done my bad eating habits because i don't eat regularly, like i never eat breakfast, i eat lunch, but then i have trouble eating supper or dinner and i snack a lot. some strategies i have are i will start eating breakfast in the morning and sitting down at the dinner table to eat dinner for the next days of this habit projects and i will try to keep this good habit, if anyone has any ideas or strategies that might help i would love to hear them.
ReplyDeleteSo today was a much better day then yesterday. The amount of times I drift off has decreased and I'm much more attentive in class and don't get lost "in my own head" as much.
ReplyDeleteThough, one class today was actually really hard to focus in. I just wasn't feeling like listening and had my mind wander off for maybe about 10-20 mins of the class. I know tomorrow is going to be much better day then today since we're not just going to here the teacher talk.
Overall I had a good day and I'm really excited to weaken the habit and I know I'm definitely going to be using this process to get rid of any other habits I want to get rid of.
As of right now my strategy is to snack with something healthy once at dance and once in school. This has been working alright but things are still very tough for me. I don't feel as energetic anymore. Candy, sweets, and sugar was my signature. Also it gets hard because of peer pressure, I have not caved in yet, but if I don't do something O might soon. Before I would eat actual packets of sugar. People said instead of a sweet "tooth" I have sweet teeth. I don't want to be un healthy anymore so my new strategy has gotten stricter. I liked the idea you said in class today. I have scheduled snack times out aside in packets. Also I have chosen the snack as well because when I am looking for a snack on the weekends I see all my usual treas and it is very tempting. When is this suppose to get easier?? I knew it would be hard but not this hard!! Let's see if this new strategy will help ease the tension and temptation of the junk food and candy everywhere. I hope everyone has more luck than me in this project good luck and good night y'all!
ReplyDeletetoday was completely terrible with trying to get rid of my habit. so instead of going to school i just satyed home and did what i love to do. yard work. but i guess i just woke up in a bad mood cuz i was so mad and whenever somehting happened that i didnt want to i just said every swear i know. i dont know why i did either. i have to try to think of an efficient way to put my anger into the work i do a different way instead of it filling up my mind and cuasing e to do stuff the wrong way. anyways after i finished the work i felt a relief of my anger. i didnt understand what was going on with me today. so anyone who does work woth there hands. if anybody on this does. tell me how you cope ur anger while u work.
ReplyDeleteMissing school or a job is not good because of your mood. There are days everyone wakes up and feels terrible but you have to be strong and get in the trenches. A large part of life is showing up and if you miss because of your feelings it can start a bad trend. Remember too your mood will change and going to school or work or anywhere can turn your feeling around!
DeleteSo today, I really didn't do that much because I was almost done cleaning up my room at that time. I just found my piles of close on my shelf and I thought sometimes to myself that it wasn't really necessary for me to just throw my clothe on the shelf carelessly and sometimes wonder why I did it besides being busy or rushing towards stuff but still I knew I should of have do something about it. I took some of the clothe or towels because some of my clothe look good and then I folded them and this the 2nd time I did a lot of folding compare to day 3 when I clean out my closet and I find it much more work then day 3 because there is more stuff on my big shelf then the closet. So far my room looks better but I think I should just restart from the beginning for my room look worse if I don't do anything about it. Mr. Phillip there is a reply or a question if you want to call I have for you on day 5 about taking picture and if you have more ideas for me post them.
ReplyDeletetoday i went in hard in my closet eliminating every single piece of clothing on the floor well...almost it will take awhile to fix this bad habit of leaving my clothes on the floor i taped a paper on the wall saying pick up after your self but i just simply walk by it and ignore it but i am continuing to try my best to remember when to pick up my dirty clothes
ReplyDeleteLove the effort! Find a place for everything and you you feel better about yourself! Love the sign idea keep working hard on strategies!
Deletetoday was good! sister picked me up after school and we went go get food and then i went to my grandmothers house and this whole time i didn't take my phone out of my bag. my sister and i talk a lot and it felt good. then i went to the store with my mom and i was on my phone because i was so bored but then i put my phone away and i talked to my mom the rest of the time i was in the store and the whole car ride home.
ReplyDeleteWell fellow hawks, today was a good day to be alive as is every day god gives us the opportunity! I came home and Lilly had another visitor and nana was over. Then I layer down for 20 minutes but Lilly was fussy so up I went and cooked dinner! Pasta and meatballs! The cupboards are running low so pasta became an easy option! Then the workout of the day which I posted, and it was a tough one! First time I ran ourptdoors this season and it felt great! As I was in the final stage of the workout which was the 10 minutes run I realized how good my body felt! No back pain or knee pain, no soreness and I was sweating which is always a good thing! Everyone keep up your determination and I will see you all tomorrow! Good night!
ReplyDeleteToday was a good day. It was much easier for me because i prepared my breakfast the night before so I had more time to get ready and eat breakfast in the morning! I feel like when I have fruit rather than bagels or toast or other breakfast food for breakfast I have way more energy throughout the day . I am going to start eating fruits for breakfast more often! Because I didn't eat fruit for breakfast this morning it didn't energize me as much as the fruit does leaving me to be very tired towards the end of the day.But overall today was a successful day! I am still thinking of other strategies that will hopefully work. I hope everyone is doing good with breaking their bad habits!:)
ReplyDeleteToday I used my studying app for the first time to study for my vocabulary test. It works wonderfully! The app allows me to make virtual flash cards that I can save and then look back over. The app also quizzes you in three forms: matching, fill in the blank, and multiple choice. I used all three quiz forms and I have the words down pat. I can also use this app for anything that might have a multiple choice, matching, or fill in the blank on it. I believe the app also has true or false quizzing as well. I am very happy to have found a great studying strategy that I can use wherever or whenever I want. Good luck to everyone else with their habits!
ReplyDeleteToday was not as good as the past days. I had a strawberry greek yogurt and an egg, but I had a cup of coffee because I woke up so early. For lunch I had leftover pasta and vegetables. After school, I had more peach tea and popcorn. For dinner I had chinese food and water instead of a sugary drink. I just had some organic ice cream.
ReplyDeleteI feel like I didn't do a good job and that I not only cheated on my diet, but I cheated myself. I was doing so well, but I guess everyone needs a cheat day every so often.
Today was a good day. My procrastination habit and its stratigies are working well. I have used many like make a reminder on my phone to remind me when to study and do homework. It has worked and i am glad other peoples stratigies work. My habit has slowly gone away but i need more time to do what i have to do with my habit.
ReplyDeleteToday was pretty similar to yesterday, my swearing actually did go down a bit which i am pretty happy about. I have replaced some of my swear words with giberish;however, I did swear quite a bit today, but as i said it was cut down a good amount compared to yesterday. The way I see it is, I still swear more when I am with my friends as we still talk the same way. I still have not come up with an effective strategy to combat this new challenge.
ReplyDeleteToday wasn't to good I did my homework but instead of going outside I just stayed inside playing video games I actually am typing this so late because my game was showing me this alert and It woke me up and I realized I forgot to type this. I feel bad about it but I realize there are gonna be bad days. But I have to do my best
ReplyDeleteMy habit project is forcing and not drifting off and it’s not easy. I did okay today but I am still not getting there. I drifted off in half of my classes. Usually I will be in space then five second later I will be like the project and rising my hand and listen. Today I was happy o didn’t draw but if I stop they I wont to it all the time. I know I am not use to be going this but if I believe in myself and keeping reminding myself I can do it. Hopeful I can remember without remembering the project but, overall I still need to work on it.
ReplyDeleteAs I said in the past few days, it was starting to get hard not to eat junk food. The same stands for yesterday. I actually cracked yesterday. I went home and opened the cupboard to find a small individual bag of Doritos. If this project wasn't going on, then I would have grabbed it and eaten. I did the same thing. If it were nacho cheese Doritos, the story MIGHT have been different. But it was cool ranch so I ate it. I think this project is going to take a turn for the worse here very soon. Here's why:
ReplyDeleteWhenever I clean my room, it stays clean. For under a week. Then the bomb drops again and I'm back to a messy room. I think that might happen with this project. Today will determine if crack because of temptation or carelessness. Today could make or break this project.
As for drinking enough water, which I talked about in my last blog, I am definitely successful in that area. I'm starting to carry around this huge 32oz bottle full of water and ice.
Today is going to be interesting. My strategy is to be strong and always keep the project in my mind. If I crack then it's back to the drawing board.
Hi guys! I'm sorry for not posting before, i tried but i just could not see what I posted. But.now I am using my moms Android and hopefully it will work!
ReplyDeleteSo my habit is not eating breakfast. Today was not a very good day for me. I woke up late for the bus, and I was sort of rushing. I did not follow the schedule I made. I did eat, but when I did it was donuts and chocolate milk my mom bought me. So, it wasnt very healthy. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
Glad to see you on the blog finally! I love the habit you you choice! Breakfast is so important and at your age you have to start taking a responsibility for what you put into your body. Unfortunately, parents are very busy people so if you leave it up to them you may not get the healthiest options avaiable. With that being said working with your parents is a great way to get the whole family eating healthier! Try setting up your breakfast the night before or have things you can grab if you are in a rush! If you need any suggestions please find me I have some great options!
DeleteThank you !
Delete