About Me

My photo
I have been teaching at SPCC since 2004. I love interacting with students everyday and working with my peers. I also love playing and coaching basketball, playing baseball, and golfing. I love being spontaneous and riding the wave of life where it takes me. I am also very proud to have the best wife, duaghter, and a brand new edition on the way in September. My parents are a driving force in who I have become and throughout my life I have had the best friends around me who love me for who I am. God has guided me in many ways that have turned into miracles.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Habit Project Day 2 Friday May 16th

Well the first day is behind us but giving up a habit usually gets harder before it gets easier.  Keep that positive attitude you started with and use each other and your home support system to keep you on track.  Have fun using the blogger and post what you did today, your feelings, emotions, bumps in the road, strategies, or anything else that applies to the project.  Good Luck and have a great weekend!

50 comments:

  1. My habit is cracking my knuckles. I get bored or annoyed and I just do it. It doesn't feel weird or anything, but it tends to freak out my friends. The more I crack my knuckles the more relaxed I feel.
    When my parents see me do it, they freak out a little and say I'm going to get arthritis when I'm older. The more I think about it the more I realize they're right.
    To be honest I cant come up with a strategy, so if anyone has any ideas feel free to reply. I just think of some ideas and then they don't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danille and fellow knucklecracker. I hate to go against your parents, but studies show that knucklecrackers have no more chance of arthritis than non crackers. My mom still yells at me when I do it too! Now let's look at the similarities of our situation. We are not both leading to a path of arthritis but we are annoying people. So you should try to quit so you do not crac your knuckles in settings that are inappropriate.

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the misspellings of your name and crack but my iPod won't let me fix it and I left my computer at school. Try a stress ball and squeeze it when you get the urge! Let me know how you do!

      Delete
  2. My habit is not being able to talk or be comfortable in public because well im too shy! At home I can feel more comfortable and I want to change it.

    The strategies that I came up with is each day in school or in public I should start talking to more people and when im in public I should say hi to the strangers.
    Also in school I should raise my hand more often, at least couple times a day.

    Today I haven't made progress but I am trying. I tried to answer some questions in school and it helped a little. As this project goes on I hope I will be able to step out of my comfort zone and be more comfortable and talkative around people!

    That's all I have to say good bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara you have a great personality and I think most people are different with their family then they are in other social settings. In the three years I have seen your social skills grow but at times you lack confidence. I thought you were amazing and hilarious and talented in our musical performance 2 yeast ago! I love the idea of saying hello to people and raising your hand at least twice a class. I will hold you to that! Eye contact is important and say hi to all the kids and teachers you see in the morning starting Monday. You have 5 school days next week to use school as your forum! As for the weekend if you are out try saying hi to others, just make sure your with other people!

      Delete
  3. The habit I'm trying to get rid of is my lack of study before a test, quiz, or exam. Almost all the time, I do little to no studying on the subject that the test is in. I have paid the price for this bad habit more than once in every subject. I know that I can do so much better in school with better study habits. Coming up on high school, I know that there are going to be more tests and quizzes than ever before. I already have some strategies to fix this, like having one of my parents quiz me on whatever subject I need to study, but I want to see if there is something that could also help as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul good for you for acknowledging you can do better. It's all about finding a spot that I know I can get work done. I know I get a lot done staying after school rather than going home. I need music on and no one around. Try finding a place that leads you to studying without distraction. When distractions are there our human nature distracts!

      Delete
  4. My bad habit is eating unhealthy. I chose this because I simply just want to be healthy. also I want to be skinnier for the summer! also because I used to be really healthy and as I grew, I began to get this bad habit.

    the strategies I am going to use while doing this project are to replace the junk food I eat with healthy foods or snacks. I am also going to try and get family support on this and maybe they will try to eat healthier too. another thing I am going to try and do is to hide all of the junk food in my house somewhere else.

    today I tried to be healthier by bringing a salad for lunch instead of cookies or something also I tried to eat breakfast this morning. I think this project will help me a lot through life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please Alissa feel free to talk to me about this anytime! I love to discuss it and get more knowledgable about it everyday. It does help to surround yourself with good things such as healthy food and healthy people but both are impossible to do all the time. I see what people at school eat and I can't stand pizza day on Friday and hate that people stuff there face with cupcakes for there birthday but to each their own. You have to be confident in your own decisions and discipline enough to stick with them. One thing that swept the nation for the past 30 years is counting calories. To me it is more important to get the right calories. We need to eat and eat a lot but we need to get the right things. If you have Facebook follow food babe. She is a normal person who Hayes the food industry and gives great tips on different things to eat. Also, get educated on what is good for you and what is not. Knowledge is power. If you change your energy will go up too!

      Delete
    2. thank you very much this helped me a lot already! I will be sure to visit you some time! I don't eat dairy either and I also cant stand when sara eats stuff in front of me! shout out to Sara lol ! thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. My habit that i am trying to change is eating unhealthy foods. I know it will not be easy, and it will not get any easier down the road. For my whole life I have eaten unhealthy foods, and I realize the effects it will have on my health. The key to me having a successful diet is moderation. I have heard from many people a diet where someone just gives up all their cravings and eats only healthy foods never works. Their cravings will get to them, and they will lose all the progress they have made. If someone gives up chips for a whole month, they may eat a whole bag of chips in one day, because their cravings got to them. In my situation, the cravings would definitely get to me. Today was a semi-successful day for me. I have eaten some unhealthy foods and some healthy foods. I had three slices of pizza for lunch at school and ate a honey bun and fruit roll up for lunch. I drank flavored water for a drink though, which is 0 calories and healthy. After school I had 3 slices of watermelon and an apple, and for dinner I had two hotdogs, which are not too healthy. I guess today would be good for the second day, since it is just beginning. By the end I hope it will be easier. What I want to know is if I eat allot of healthy things and also allot of unhealthy things, does it even out? Or is it just too many calories? How am I supposed to find out how many calories I should consume a day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike please go up and read my reply to Alissa. I just told her to talk to me at any point and start researching about food. I am not a calorie person. I eat things my body needs. Food is fuel that's the bottom line. I love eating but chose to eat 95 percent things my body needs, and guess what...they taste amazing too. Eating half bad and half good is better then eating all bad but I wouldn't use the analogy it evens out. Eating bad makes your body function worse in turn making you function worse and will lead to a much higher chance of thousands of health issues. Treat your body good you only get one.

      Delete
  6. my bad habit is using my phone and listening to music to much. every time i get home the first thing i do is get on my phone and start listening to music its not good because it takes away from doing my house chores, studying and doing homework and it annoys my parents GREATLY. my parents do know that i love music but tell me that it isn't good to listen to it "24/7." my dad always tells me that if i keep the earphones in my ear to long it can damage my hearing.

    some strategies i have to help me avoid this is i could give an elder my phone while i do other activities so it isn't in site, or i can study more and help more often around the house. i can also make sure my phone is dead so i am not tempted to use it.

    today i didn't listen to music but i was on my phone for an hour. i know this is going to be a challenge but i am ready to con-cor it with all my classmates. this will really help me out in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love music. I sing all the time and one of my favorite things to do with Lillian is sing to her, and she loves it I swear, haha. I don't think listening to music a lot is a bad thing but if your shutting the rest of the world out then that is negative. Find something your passionate about you can do while you listen to music without earphones. Maybe basketball! Do you like to sing! Take vocal lessons or pick up an instrument in high school! Let's find away to use your passion for for music to bring joy to yourself and others instead of shutting them out by using your phone with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice. I (just recently) started to play the electric guitar and it's really fun!

      Delete
  8. So my habit is drifting off in class. I can't concentrate mostly in class. I forget everything that was said before I drifted off. I've been drifting off more often which isn't a good thing.

    My strategy is to keep myself occupied wherever I go. Whether it's using my phone, talking to people, drawing, writing random ideas I have in my brain, I'll have something to and keep me busy doing whatever. I know this is going to be a big challenge because I never notice when it happens. It's going to happen but I'll be trying not to drift off as much, especially in class!

    Today, of what I remembered I drifted off a few times in school. One of the times Sara and Alissa were literally watching me drift off. Today wasn't too successful but I'm working as hard as I can to weaken the habit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Michelle, I now know we are similar in at least one thing, haha. I had so much trouble focusing in school as well. Wish I had someone to help me. For you you are coming to the end of a long journey. One that has been success and become a home but also comfortability.leads to less effort sometimes. Next year when you enter high school pressure will be on your shoulders again and that will send adrenaline through your body and focus you will. I want you to finish SPCC the best you can though so I wish you luck in your strategy and habit!

      Delete
  9. My bad habit is not preparing well for tests, quizzes and such. When a quiz or a test is assigned I will write it down in my planner, but will spend only 10 minutes studying when I know I can and should be putting in more time. This also includes waiting until the last minute to do certain projects.

    Just this week two projects and a few tests and quizzes have been assigned. One of the projects I've already done, but I have yet to start the other project and need to start studying for the up coming tests an quizzes.

    The main strategy I will use is putting in my best possible effort to well prepare myself for these assignments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nels, the ting about preparation is one is is truly prepared is never not preparing. What do I mess. By this? When I played baseball I didn't just show up and throw the ball and hope I did well. I workout everyday, I thought about my next task all the time, I watched other played and learned from their mistakes. It never ended, I was constantly preparing and because of this I was better then most. Unfortunately a lot off students think preparing is opening up a book 20 minute, 2 minutes, before the test or quiz. That isn't preparing at all, it is panicking. Build your strategies around class itself and then build your outside of school world around giving yourself time for family, friend, food, fun, and school. If you can find a balance, you will be a very happy young man!

      Delete
  10. My bad habit is un healthy eating, but it's not just the types of food the time and amounts I eat. I often eat lots of junk food at a time and I have realized it is very bad for my health. People tell me it can be very bad in the long run. Today was a lot easier than yesterday. I think that is because I didn't have dance and I was in the car and the mall for a lot of the time. I feel when I am distracted I tend not to eat as much when I am busy. When I don't eat my snacks I find something else to eat, but it tends to be just as un healthy like Pizza or egos and syrup. These things are probably just as unhealthy but I can't help how good it tastes!! This is very hard especially when I am at dance and I am just sitting there on my break. I have tried to replace the snacks I eat for healthy ones, but I cannot find one that tastes good. I tried carrots, but they are just so bland. Next I am trying fruit. I don't usually eat fruit often but I do have some I like. I could bring containers of fruit salad instead of packing candy and chips. Let's see how the weekend goes. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie please read my reply to Alissa. You are not the only one focusing in eating and I commend you for wanting to change. Being a dancer and student you need food to be a vital part of your life because you need long term sustained energy. You don't want to turn on relying on coffee, energy drinks or something else for that energy as your schedule gets busier and busier In the future. Please feel free to talk with me anytime because in the last two years it has become a passion of mine!

      Delete
  11. My bad habit is probably not being positive enough. I don't think it's the fact that i'm not happy, I think it's just my reaction to things (If that makes any sense). Sometimes I just go to school sad or mad for no reason. I want to be a better person and I think that starts by being positive. I haven't come up with any strategies yet but I'm willing to try anything. I chose this habit because it makes me feel kinda bad that I can't always be as happy as the people around me. Sometimes, even in class, I get upset for no reason. I feel that by doing this project, I might be able to be the person I want to be in life. I hope this project ends up working for me, good luck to anyone who succeeds in this! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of Saibatu, do not compare yourself to others. You are amazing in your own way, and yes you have many imperfections but let me tell you a secret...so does everyone your comparing yourself too. Celebrities, so called popular students, people who always smile, everyone. Why not try making up handshakes or personal ways to say good morning to all the teachers! A way to say hey lets do this together today and let's do it with a smile and some fun. You can start with me!

      Delete
  12. The habit I am trying to get rid of is biting my nails. Many people have the habit of biting their nails. Sometimes I don't even realize I am biting my nails until I get a strange look from someone. Sometimes I bite my nails because I am stressed or I just want to get rid of a nail that I think is too long. Biting your nails is probably one of the worst habits to have because it's dirty and it's hard to stop. I am planning on trying different ways to stop this habit. I was thinking maybe I could watch TV or hang out on the computer to get my mind off of biting my nails. I could also cut my nails so they are short and I won't be able to bite them. I am going to start by keeping myself occupied and hopefully it will keep my mind off the nails. If these don't work then I will have to find something that will be more effective. I have faith that at the end of this project I will have broken my habit. If not I will not give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your chose of giving up biting nails is one that pops up every year and tough to quit. Not only does it look a little weird when doing it in social setting, it is also a great spot for dirt and bacteria to live comfortably. I don't believe hanging out or playing on the computer is going to be the means to a successful end however. These sound like perfect times to continue the habit. I like cutting them and getting in a consistent routine of cutting them like this time every 5th to 7th day. If toy bite them when they are low then you will be biting them too low and that hurts. Why don't you put tape or something over them, that is a strategy.

      Delete
  13. The habit I'm trying to break is my unhealthy eating. It's not just what I eat, but how much I eat. it has gotten to the point where my mom hides all of the snacks. I normally find them, but that's not the point.
    My strategy is to cut the unhealthy eating to one snack or meal a day. Today for me it was pizza. Had I known that the habit project was going to start on the day I purchased the pizza, I would not have done so. However, next week, I will not bring in pizza money. I also want to start eating breakfast again. And a healthy one at that. In my opinion, eating nothing is worse than eating junk. here is my rational for thinking that. if one were to be starving in the woods and found a camp with a bag of Doritos, then I'm going to take it so as to deposit food into my body.
    I also want to replace all of the junk foods with healthier alternatives; thus, creating a good habit of healthy food choices. I have demonstrated that strategy for the past two days by eating 2 apples a day. As the saying goes, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." By eating two apples a day, I should not have to go to the doctor away for two days. However, this seems to be a lie because I had to go to the doctors office to get my bleeding and dying eyes checked out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thomas please read my reply to Alissa after you read this. Food has become a passion of mine because I realized a few years back, when I am not physically healthy I am not mentally healthy which is worse than anything in my opinion. Before I changed my diet, I was sick every year. I got a sinus infection every winter and other bugs consistently. I thought that's just the way it was, or I blamed it on the winter or something else. Then I changed my diet and up until three days ago I hadn't been sick in years. It is not a coincidence. Your body needs certain things and they can be found in an endless array of foods. Unfortunately our culture has lead us to want instant gratification hence fast food and junk snacks that you can have in an instant. Our culture used to be about cooking our meals but government and business drove us to quicker meals and busier lives with less time to eat healthy. The good news is it is a possible life style it just takes commitment. I did it and am still tweaking it everyday. Feel free to talk to me whenever about questions you have.

      Delete
  14. The habit I'm trying to break is not putting in effort were effort is needed. usually for classes instead of studying and getting better grades than I should be I just play video games and procrastinate until I feel like doing anything. And even then I don't realy wanna do anything and lose my mind in boredom until I'm finished. unless it's like a small project or something of that nature I'll just get it over with and go play video games. It's not that I don't wanna put effort into things it's just I find that I'm playing video games or other things is eating away at my free time and I need to fix it or else my grades will be my enemy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, if I pay attention in class, do the homework, and participate, I often feel that I don't need to study. Of course, this is not to say that you don't do those things, but you might not have to study as much.

      Delete
    2. Thomas brings up a good point, but I don't totally agree with it. Full focus in class leads to a better understanding which leads to a more organized study life. What I mean is he knows what to study and what not too, he is doing his studying all the time but in an organized manner. Your habit worries me and you need to change your habit to help you reach all your dreams. You mentioned boredom so unfortunately you need to find something prudctive that you are passionate about to fill your time. Video games are ok but not the amount you are playing them. Anything in excess, other then being kind to people, is not good. If I were you I would tell mom to get rid of the video game console for a period of time or just do it yourself. It is the thing that is causing you a lot of problems that are not going to fix themselves. It will take a ton of courage but unless you find away to stay away from it, which you have not yet, the get rid of it.

      Delete
  15. My bad habit is biting my nails. It is something I have done for a long time and my mother tells me to stop but I haven't noticed it really as a problem in my life until now. It has multiple good and bad effects. It has kept my nails shorter and tends to be something i do when im bored, worried or stressed out. It has many bad effects like the way it causes my skin to peel or easily gets me sick. I tend to bite my nails usually every day it relaxes me helps me release stress. Maybe I can find something else to release stress but im stumped and have no idea what to do and this would usually be a moment I would bite my nails lol so if somebody can please help me I would appreciate it a lot thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please read my reply to alex! He is doing the habit as you. Putting tape over your nails or someway to prevent yourself from getting to them for a while is one strategy. The habit itself is a tough one to snap but you can do it. Find something to squeeze when you are stressed out like a stress ball or something. Say the our father or Hail Mary when you are stressed will always help too!

      Delete
  16. My bad habit is getting rid of being a procrastinator. when we have projects i always wait till the last day to do it. I would like to do my projects the day i receive them if possible. my habits of doing homework at 11:30 needs to stop. I will try very hard to get rid of this bad habit. I hope to do well on this attempt to break this habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also would like to work on ways to break my habit. if i don't do my homework before dinner i would not complete it. now that is on a serious matter but it might work. we all have to try different ways to breaking bad habits. my other ways of breaking my habits vary. I can study then do home work. or vice versa. I hope i do well.

      Delete
    2. Good job recognizing your bad habit jake. Procrastinating leads to more stress then actually doing the task most of the time but still many people, including me, do it. How I fixed it is by seeking the help of others. You are a natural leader so it would be easy for you to say to someone hey can you help me or hey let's do that project early so we can be done. Having another person or persons to lean on is what life is all about!

      Delete
  17. The habit i'm trying to kick is swearing in public. I feel like when i swear, i make myself seem less intelligent and rude. Kicking this habit could lead to problems in my future as i find work, and progress through my school life. Wise Ms. Henrion told us that the number one offense in the work place is poor language. This habit will be INCREDIBLY hard to kick as i have become so use to swearing i don't even realize i'm doing it. So far, my attempts at kicking this habit have failed MISERABLY as i have kept swearing over and over. I will have to think of a more effective strategy to implement tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Henrion is the teacher I look up to the most. She has always amazed me with her knowledge, kindness, passion, and how she does not have to raise her voice to get her point across. She is right, unless your a truck driver bad language is not going to get you anywhere and can always at any minute crush you if you say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Especially with video everywhere it can ruin your life. Research some cool words that you can use that are not offensive. All throughout history people have changed the way the talk, why can't you. I make up words everyday, seriously. I literally make up words. I have a guinea pig named carapolis. Just made that up on the spot. Have fun with the change!

      Delete
  18. The bad habit I want to break is not exercising enough. I'm currently trying to practice my running skills so I can join either track or cross country in high school. I can run (well, jog) a decently far distance, but I have two problems: a) I can't run fast for longer than twelve seconds, and b) I take a lot more breaks that I want to.

    I want to start new exercises as well. I honestly just can't find anything that I really enjoy. I would really like to try something new that I enjoy doing.

    For others that are having this problem, something that really helps me is listen to upbeat music. I have a playlist of jogging songs that I like to focus on while I exercise. Audio books and podcasts are also good because they give you something else to focus on instead of focusing on how much your legs hurt.

    Thanks for reading, and if anyone has advice, I'd love to hear it :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madison I can help you with this! I also love listening to music and will not workout if I am not listening to it. It inspires me and gives me something to focus on other than the pain. First suggestion is find a person or persons that will exercise with you. It is much easier to be motivated when others have to go through the same thing. Mashona and I are doing the same workout tonight, so before I did it I thought he is doing it to and on Monday we can talk about it! I do all no weight at home workouts, I have done p90x, and insanity before to give me structure in my workout. Find a long term plan that gives you a task each day. This way you know what you have to do and you can track your progress. Don't get frustrated by where you are now, if you start small and stay consistent , you will get better quickly! I will post workouts if you want to join me in mine and it will give you structure!

      Delete
  19. Absolutely! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My bad habit is not eating breakfast every morning. I want to get rid of this bad habit because every time i do eat breakfast on a school morning i feel more energized and awake during the day and i feel like i focus better in school. The reason why i don't eat breakfast every morning is because i get up too late on schooldays and i do not have enough time to get ready and eat breakfast. It is hard for me to get up early because i love to sleep in but i am slowly waking up earlier and earlier on school mornings so i have enough time to eat breakfast and get ready. If i do not get up early i am going to have my mom get me breakfast that i can take to go so I can eat it in the car on the way to school. Its really hard for me to get up early sometimes because i cannot wake up to any alarms that i set even if i set 10 alarms because i am a heavy sleeper, so i am trying really hard to wake up earlier so i can eat breakfast every morning. So far i am eating breakfast every morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nora, I can feel your pain waking up early! I was the worst in the world at it. Ask me and I'll tell you how bad. Now with Lillian it is not up to me, haha. Maybe your problem isn't waking up early, although that is a solution, but maybe it's preparing the night before. It changed my life when I went to that strategy. Why fight your body that is telling you it needs sleep. Make breakfast the night before! Get creative! Your body needs food in the morning. It starts your digestive system which speeds up metabolism helping your body function better all day and over the long haul. You can fix this one, just commit to some preparation the night before. I actually prepare my breakfast Sunday night for the whole week.

      Delete
  21. So before I say my bad habit I want to say that at first I was ashamed and embarrassed but now I know I have your support
    So my habit is that I don't eat that much for breakfast and I pick at my food at lunch then when I get home I eat a lot but it's healthy food
    I do this because I'm afraid I will not digest the food in the morn and noon because all I do is sit in a desk but I eat in the afternoon because I do karate everyday so I know I will burn the food off
    I did okay today I didn't have that much for breakfast but I eat a good lunch
    Honestly I'm stuck I need strategies so if any of you have suggestion please help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariana your body need food on a consistent basis. The goal should be to eat and drink and snack at times to avoid hunger. This means eating before you get hungry, yes, ths can be tough at times but necessary fir a healthy body that has long lasting energy. Read the comment I left under Nora's post as well and good luck!

      Delete
  22. My bad habit that I want to get rid of is not being organized. I started being unorganized a few years ago. I really want to get more organized than I was before because I do not want the visitor that come to my house once in a while to think that I don't care much of how my stuff looks and they will think that I am a lazy person. Most of the time when my parents come to my room, they were not mad but wasn't happy of how my room look because they know I if I never organize my stuff then I will soon be unsuccessful which I agree on but makes me feel uncomfortable. Sometimes It makes me feel that someday no one will rely on me any more which is really bad news for me. I already lost some of my stuff. If I don't get rid of habit after this assignment, then I will lose more of important belongings which really gets me worried a lot and finding missing things is very stressful. The strategy that I am planning to do for this weekend is to throw away stuff that you don't need at all and clean out some part of my room. If most of my strategy will work during this project because if it does then it will make me feel better about myself. That is all for today but if someone can give me some useful advise well thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post shows how being disorganized is not just about the mess, it also is link to how you feel about yourself and how others perceive you. Most of the time when people are disorganized it is because they do not know how to get organized or they do not think they can fix it because the problem is to bad. Whatever your reason is you need to fix it and can do it. I told you a plan. Break your room done into parts and do one part a day. Do it so by the end of the project it is spotless. Not only is it messy looking, but it is not healthy and others won't want to be in there including yourself. There is not much better than hating out in a place that is safe, clean, and yours. It makes you feel good about yourself! You can achieve that with some hard work over the next few days! Then the next task is learning how to keep it clean!

      Delete
  23. My bad habit is using my phone in a social setting. i'm alway on my phone when i'm with my family and friends in public. i want to talk to the people are around me instead of being on my phone. i want to talk to new people but i can because i'm always on my phone. so now i try to leave my phone in the car or turn it off when i'm in a social setting. i also was hanging out with my friends and i gave my friend my phone to hold and i talked to alot of people!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jess I am actually very proud of someone your age coming to this realization. One of the negative parts of the generation we are in is that we are forgetting how to communicate face to face. Social media has a lot of great characteristics but if it leads you to being considered rude because you ignore the people your actually with to talk to people you are not with is negative. I think this habit will help you become socially stronger and more respected amongst your family and friends. Phones can be just as addictive as drugs or alcohol and anything in excess other than kindness is not good. Work hard on this and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi! I'm sorry that I'm late on this :(
    My bad habit that I want to break is not eating healthy and not exercising. I feel like if I start trying to break this habit now that I will continue to eat and act more health-conscious in my future. I will also hopefully have more self-confidence. My strategy to break this bad habit is by taking time away from my electronics and working out or doing something more useful with my time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Cici to take on this challenge. The best advise I can give you is you don't have to do it alone. There are a bunch of people doing the healthy eating and exercise habit including myself! There is no better feeling then eating great food for you about working out until you sweat! I wish you luck and if you have any questions please ask me, I have a lot of knowledge on both topics!

      Delete